Followers

Friday 5 October 2012

Autumn is Here

Hi
Well it's a dreadful friday evening tonight, nothing new there then! So away to my craft room I went. I have recently bought the new Tim Holts"mini blue print" stamps so set about removing them from the packet and having a play. The set includes 4 Xmas, 4 Halloween and 4 autumn so with a couple of challenges currently set around leaves I thought I would have a play with the latter 4. The 2 challenges concerned, if you fancy making something with a leafy look are crafts 4 eternity where the theme is "lots of leaves" and simon says stamp and show where the theme is Leaf-spiration. I am entering this card into both challenges,


I firstly cut my jigsaw using the cuttlebug puzzle die, then holding it together with masking tape, stamped the 4 seperate mini blue print stamps with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then embossed the word autumn through the middle with a stamp from my collection. I then coloured over the top with a selection of distress inks using the resist technique so the stamped inage just popped out.All the jigsaw pieces were then seperated and I inked the edge of each individual puzzle piece with walnut stain to make each puzzle piece stand out, then matted it onto scrunched up Tim Holtz Glassine paper (it is suposed to replicate a drying leaf) then matted again on white card edged in walnutstain distress ink. I then mounted it all on a kraft card base and added a bit of garden twine, hey presto card done.
I am probably going to be busy with other things this weekend as last weekend I listed many items on Ebay, including some old crafty stash I have never used, and it all ends tomorrow and sunday, so I think my weekend will consist of parcel after parcel and sadly sending not recieving (the worst part of Ebaying).
Anyway hope that you all have a lovely, rain free, weekend.
See you soon
Amanda X

6 comments:

  1. What a great autumn puzzle Amanda...great idea and it looks so nice!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation with those puzzlepieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Amanda, thank you for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from SSSS, it looks fabulous, thank you for showing us. Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, love your card.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.
    Good luck.

    Hugs.
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Test comment trying to fix a problem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thisis awesome! It's making me want to go and buy those stamps! Love the jigsaw effect and how you inked the edge of each. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.