Followers

Saturday 8 February 2014

And Pause...........

Well if ever there was a day for staying in today is one of those days, and other than running around the garden trying to capture the contents of my cardboard recycling bin I have not left the house, bliss!!
So what to do then?? that's easy..... make something!!
I have been having a play with another recent purchase following on from the CHA launch Stampers Anonymous Classic #17 stamp set and decided to make a tag.
This stamp set makes me think of summer days sitting in the countryside with a sketch pad  watching the butterflies enjoying the moments of nature without caring about the time. That moment I have tried to capture within this tag.
For the background I used a tag that I have previously mopped up some ink with and then stenciled over the top with Tim's new doily stencil using shabby shutters and victorian velvet DI.

I then stamped the main image onto cotton fabric using potting shed archival ink and coloured with distress inks and then aged with vintage photo. I then cut the image out using pinking shears. The fabric piece I machine stitched onto the tag by sewing around the entire tag.
To symbolise a lack of interest in the time are the handless watch faces with the pen nibs that will record any thoughts that need capturing.

I have stamped onto a idea-ology journal tag and cut it in half and placed it behind the fabric to make it look like it is a lot bigger, and finally just the word "Pause" which i think says it all.
So that's my day..........
Hope you have a lovely weekend
and see you all soon
Love
Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. I think we all are grateful for days that are a bit off outside so that we get to play inside (always a bright side to everything)...I love what you came up with on this...the handless clock faces and the word pause are a stroke of genious! Love it!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I need to come over and play!! That's the other stamp set I've been sitting on my hands not to press the "Buy" button for!! Beautiful, beautiful creation - I love the fabric stamping, and the lovely layering with the tickets onto the large tag. Those pen nibs look brilliant too. Delicious!
    Alison xx
    (Here's hoping for more wind and rain tomorrow then...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, think those stamps may find themselves on my wish list.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh love that set of stamps from the new classics collections, love how you've used it in the tag and coupled with all your other elements, they look fabulous - great tag

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Amanda, love these new stamps and you have layered them up beautifully.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed a fabulous tag, the stamps are beautiful and so is your design. Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is amazing! Where have I been? I love the clocks without hand and the pen nibs and your whole story! Love this! keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.