Followers

Friday 3 October 2014

Just can't put these Brusho's down

Hi Everyone
I am still playing with Brusho's, can't seem to put them down at the moment, they are just so addictive. The other night I decided to have a play to see if I could get some different effects. I sprinkled brusho's onto my craft mat and gave them a gentle spray of water and then quickly dragged my paper through the lot, from left to right. The ammount of water you add dictates how thin that you get the drag marks, and that bit is a bit touch and go. I left them to dry over night and popped them in my "come back to it later" drawer. Tonight I came back to them and have turned 3 of them into 3 quick cards by just adding some achival inked stamped images.
 
and individually
 
Just using one image "Banksy girl with umbrella" - Viva Las Vegastamps
Sentiment is from Dina Wakley - Handwritten Quotes
 
Again just one stamp Lost Coast Desgins - Bird
and another Dina Wakley quote from her Handwritten set
 
and finally
 
stamps are all from Art Journey and sentiment is a Tim Holtz remnant rub.
I have punched out the butterflies from an offcut of the card.
Hopefully you are not too fed up with my Brusho cards.
Thanks, as always, for popping by and please feel free to let me know what you think.
See you all soon and have a lovely weekend
Love
Amanda X
 


16 comments:

  1. I love the background effects on all of these Amanda! It looks soooo effective!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,this is really effective Amanda,amazing effect. I MUST try this out.....if I'm allowed to of course!! You are so clever :)

    Have a great weekend

    Big hugs

    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome effects and colours! Love your cards - and that you haven't made the stamped images too dominant over the wonderful brusho-background! Well done!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That brusho must be great....your cards look so lovely Amanda!
    Have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of cards, will have to try this idea, I agree the brusho's could become so addictive.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. These three pieces or worthy of exhibition, Amanda! I think you have found your niche!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Amanda. Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these cards Amanda, and I'm not fed up with seeing the Brushos - very inspiring, especially as I have just bought some!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Amanda amazing effects hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous, love that birdie one, I think I need that stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow and more Amanda the artwork really shows off those stamps.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! fantastic use of the brusho inks (still not tried them!!! aarrgh!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing effects, you have really mastered these
    You use the most beautiful colour combinations

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so great! Love the VLV-stamps combi with those beautiful stripes! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.