Followers

Friday 31 October 2014

Just Stamping, Nothing Else

Hi Everyone
Just a quick post tonight as I have received my latest purchase of Carabelle Studio stamps. I had ordered another of the XXL stamps that they do the one I received is "Mecanique Steampunk" they are A4 in size and come on their own acrlic block because they are that big. I have been playing with different ink pads to see which gives me the best impression when you stamp with it and so far my preference is for Memento Luxe as it stays wet longer enough to cover the whole stamp, these ink pads are sold as for mixed media so hopefully be good for stamping on gelli prints, I'll let you know when I try that.
Using a practice print (that I didn't perfectly stamp) I cut it up into smaller pieces to make a couple of cards. I have kept these cards simple, nothing other than stamping and some chit chat stickers to add my quotes.
 
All have been stamped with Memento Luxe - Tuxedo Black.
The Girl with Balloon in from VLVS
Balloon is Memento Luxe - Love Letter
and
 
 
This time I have stamped the Mecanique Steampunk stamp in Memento Luxe Espresso Truffle and the business men, again from VLVS, in black Luxe as I wanted them to stand out from the background.  Again the quote is using chit chat stickers.
My next task it to stamp this again and take on the challenge of colouring it in!!!
Right i'm off now, said it was a quick post, I have a mountain of sweets to get through as I have had NO trick and treaters tonight, result!!
Have a lovely weekend hope you are all doing something lovely, unlike myself who is working :-(.
See you soon, and as always thankyou for stopping by.
Love
Amanda X


9 comments:

  1. We saw these mega stamps being demo-ed at the Paris craft show we went to in April and the person demoing was only inking up parts of the stamp, guess that was the reason why. Glad you've found an ink that plays nicely.

    Fabulous what you've done with them up to now, love the splash of red too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cool and funky cards. Your chit chat sticker wording really made me smile - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I can see why you wanted this stamp Amanda! It's really intricate and looks really fab.....you are brave stamping with it!
    Ha ha now are you sure you didn't turn out all the lights and sit in the dark,pretending you weren't at home and that's why you have all the sweets :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carabelle stamps are different aren't they, 2015 will see me adding some more of their stamps to my collection.

      Stunning CAS cards Amanda with just the perfect pop of colour:-) xxx

      Delete
  4. Well done on the ink pad research, that's worth knowing!
    We've been in London for a couple of nights, staying in my auntie's flat and I have never known so many trick or treaters! And I had no sweets as it hadn't occurred to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combi's with the stunning Carabella stamps Amanda!
    Nice weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thats a fabulous image image.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are incredible love the stamps and your composition and colour highlights

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, dear... I hadn't met Carabelle stamps before. I can see I'm going to have to check them out. That steampunk affair is amazing! Great CAS stamping - so effective.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.