Followers

Thursday 11 December 2014

Snow Queen - Playing with Decoart misters

Hi everyone
I recently bought myself with some birthday money some of the Decoart misters. I love using sprays, but as they are all dye based I was intriqued with how these acrylic misters would compare. I've only had a quick play, the colours are so intense and they are permanent when dry so great if you are using white ontop. I've only used a couple of colours on this canvas so hopefully I can give a more detailed opinion when I use them some more which is likely to be in the new year now.
So here is a canvas that I have had sitting around unfinished for weeks, I finally added the finishing touches.
 
Background has been created with decoart misters in Turquoise shimmer mist, carbon black and shimmer mister white.  Then it has had decoart crackle glaze added, once dry I have rubbed in decoart patina green rubbing cream and inka gold in silver.
 
The stamped image is another from Stampscapes this one is "Symmetry Sheet #6"
First stamped onto card and given the same treatment as the canvas but this obscured the image to much so I stamped it again onto tissue paper and laid it over the original image, i then painted a layer of the turquoise shimmer onto the tissue paper. Her icey breath is creative expressions adhesive pearl swirls.
 
the smowflake is cut using Tim Holtz large snowflake rosette strip die, it is from kraft card i had covered in book paper. It has been ink with distress ink and then covered in rock candy distress crackle paint and when dry sprayed with the decorart turquoise mister. I have added a wooden snowflake which has been coloured with silver inka gold and added a pearl in the centre. the words have been added after I typed them out on my typewriter.
 
The whole piece looks really icy which I have found difficult to pick up on a photograph but you can see some of it on the picture above.
Hope you like it and thanks for visiting
Love
Amanda X
 


9 comments:

  1. Love DecoArt misters, have all but two. Stunning canvas, the pearl breath is wonderful as is the stamped face :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wintery piece, love all the snowy shimmery details.

    (I like misters, too!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever girl,this is GORGEOUS! I love anything snow queen related and this is such a clever take on the theme. You really do create some of the most wonderful pieces of art out there :))

    Extra big icy hugs
    Your number one fan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is really art, Amanda! I love the fact that I cannot immediately spot a piece of art and say, "Oh! Amanda did that!" Your style, if you have one, is so versatile that you amaze me! I especially love the color palette here. Your snow queen is definitely royal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is again a breathtaking art work very grandiose design!
    Have a nice weekend,
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous textures and colours, it has a wonderful sheen as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous misted background, and I love the touch of crackle. Bizarrely, I didn't see the face at all at first - not til the close-up - I'm so background-fixated clearly!! Fabulous canvas, Amanda.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that's fascinating, Amanda!

    Seems you really mastered the Misters! ;)
    Great canvas with the perfect dose of "bling" - not too little, not too much! Love it!

    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic, Amanda ! You are a very clever lady !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.