Followers

Sunday 6 March 2016

Happy Mothers Day

Hi everyone
Today for those mums in the Uk it is Mothers Day and I have a busy day ahead as I am hosting lunch for the Mums in my family, especially my own Mum whom I am going to spoil rotten.
I've had a couple of cards to make so for ease I've made them the same but a little different.


These cards feature, mostly, stamps and stencils by Designs by Ryn which I haven't inked up for ages.
I made my backgrounds by stenciling Finnabair heavy gesso through the hibiscus stencil and when dry colouring with distress ink, love how the gesso resists the ink. The other background was distress inks on the text from Tim Holtz classics #4 slightly misted and then stamped. I then combined the 2 for my background. Then stamping and cutting out the flowers which one set has been edged with distress ink and the othere coloured with Prismacolour pencils.



The trickles have had the colour lightened by removing some of the distress ink with a water brush and been highlighted with a white gel pen and I have added droplets of glossy accents to the flowers as water droplets.
Sentiment is one from my stash.
Thanks for stopping by and if you're a Mum I hope that you have a fabulous day and get spoilt something rotten.
See you soon
Love
Amanda X

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mothering Sunday to you, have a great day :D Love your card, such gorgeous flowers and lovely colours :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous Amanda, the different compositions are grandiose, love them. We have Mothers Day 08.May 2016
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely Amanda. Love the colors so much! Hope your Mother's Day fun is wonderfully rewarding today. XX j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards,far better then anything ever sold in a card shop!
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, I guess the mums loved them. Hope you had a good day as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great day celebrating and spoiling all the Mothers! I'm feeling rather pleased with myself for having remembered despite being at the other side of the world, and got my act together to order flowers to be delivered... isn't the internet a wonderful thing (when you can get a connection!).

    Lovely springtime cards - the delicate colouring on the flowers is fab, and I just adore that colourful text-stamped background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.