Followers

Friday 12 May 2017

Back to Black at That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hi Everyone
It's the start of another new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog and our new theme is
'BACK TO BLACK' 
(your project needs to use a lot of black)
Myself and the rest of the design team have created a variety of inspiration for you, here's mine.


This piece started as a 6" x 6" MDF square (one of That's Crafty substrates)
I gave it a covering of black gesso and then stencilled through Andy Skinners 'Code Breaker' stencil with texture paste. I then painted over it with black Dylusions paint. I sanded the numbers back slightly when dry.
My centre piece is one of the new dies designed by Seth Apter 'Broken Maze'. Cut several times to give it depth. I have stamped over it with white ink using a formula stamp.
The centre is some pieces I have rusted myself. I have used one of Tim's paper dolls as my central character and many pieces of Idea-ology have been added.

 I have also added some die cut letters to add the formula.  You can see here the bits that I have added.
I have also added addition words using my old type writer, just to add a bit of fun

Hopefully you will play along with us all in out 'Back to Black' challenge and you could be the winner of a £20 That's Crafty gift voucher to spend in their online shop.
For some fabulous inspiration from my team mates and all the details just pop over HERE
thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful design Amamda. Love the maze die stamped to create a slight contrast to the background. Fab composition xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooh so much to love about this one, you've done it again CC!!
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome depth and detail here Amanda and love your rusted embellishing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, so many wonderful details.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool use of the Maze die, and I love all the white stamping. Great use of all the words and numbers too - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW you have the new Seth die, love it xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.