Followers

Sunday 19 April 2020

Tag Play

Hi Everyone

Hope that you are all having a lovely weekend.  I'm sharing with you today a tag I have made for no other reason than because I can. My arty motivation has been somewhat lacking these last weeks and other than creating my weekly DT piece for That's Crafty I haven't really felt like doing anything else. Having finished my DT make for this coming Tuesday I decided to continue to play, just for fun and have created a tag using some stamps that have been gathering cobwebs, not literally lol.


I had some gelli print scraps that were really of no use so I glued them onto a black tag and added some machine stitching to link them together. 
The image is from my collection of Teesha Moore stamps that I've had years and I remember first seeing them used and then spent months tracking them down from the US, I should really use them more considering the trouble I went to getting them but ownership is part of the fun in fact sometimes I think that's the most important thing and using them is secondary lol.
The quote is from Inkadinkado, another collection of stamps that I had to track down many years ago and is from a wood mounted collection, I can't remember the last time I used a wooden mounted stamp. 
The stamping on the circles are all from AALL & Create.


Whilst not my best piece of work it is at least a piece that I have made purely for fun, something that has been lacking for these past weeks if not months.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy what's left of Sunday
Love
Amanda X

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, fabulous tag - it's good to just play and not be under pressure, especially in these stressful times.
    Hope you're staying well.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun is so important. I know what you mean about the elusive creative muse - so I think it's great you let yourself carrying on playing once duty was done! I love the quirky characterful figure at the centre of this tag and those words definitely hit home. Great Gelli bubbles in the background - that's a really cool way to use up the prints.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun tag today. Your note about tracking down these stamps brought back the same memories for me. When I see a stamp, stencil, etc that I like I can spend forever "tracking it down". Especially Teesha Moore's goodies. Now, to use them as you did! Thanks for the inspiration and push to get out the good old stuff that I HAD TO HAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Amanda, and I so know what you mean about having to own it - I have some Teesha Moore stamps that I had to have, and they've never been inked! I hope you have a very happy and creative (and fun!) week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.