Followers

Wednesday 24 April 2013

3 out of 3 and ending on a bit of Steampunk

Hi
Wednesday couldn't have come quick enough this week and am I so glad it's here, Why? it's my day off and I was so ready for it. There is loads of things that needed doing but "what the hell" I have spent it in my craftroom. I have managed to finish my last Kroma crackled heart that I prepared some weeks ago. For this one I gave the large Indigoblu folk heart a covering of deep red acrylic paint and then again added tan studio paint to the Kroma cracke and laid thickly on and left to dry. For those of you who follow my blog you will have seen that the first 2 I made included flowers for my lastone (for the moment) I wanted to do something different so I have gone all steampunk with this one.
Again everything has been stamped onto tissue paper and applied to the heart with multi matt medium. I painted the outside of the large clock with distress paint on the reverse as I wanted this to stand out.






The crackle effect on this heart I think came out the best I must have put on a thicker coat of the Kroma crackle. You can also see how the large clock stands out.
Large clock - Andy Skinner stamps
Cogs - Paperartsy stamps
Sentiment - Tim Holtz stamps










Thedepth of the heart with Tim Holtz ideaology clockface and spinner.
All the edges of the heart are highlighted with Creative Expressions Deep Red Gilding Wax.


I have added wings using Layered wings Alterations die. I covered mount board in Ranger Foil tape sheet, die cut, then embossed with alterations mechanical embossing folder. All was then covered in black gesso and rubbed off lightly, adding a final rubbing of Creative Expressions deep red gilding wax.


This is to be another giveaway for a friend of mine, I might have to make another as I would have hung this one on my wall.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:-
Try it on a Tuesday - Theme is "Inventors,Inventions and Steampunk
also
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Theme is "Sentimental"

Thanks for popping by, if you leave a comment I can pop over and visit you.

Love
Amanda X



15 comments:

  1. Just a cool heart with a wonderful saying. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally scrumptious steampunk heart, Amanda! I love how the clock image drapes over the edge, and all the crackle is fabulous as usual... wonderful make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great steampunk heart Amanda...and those wings are so cute!!! Nice details and colours...a real loving heart.

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent, I keep thinking that I like the wings best, no the ccrackle effect, no the cock face - BAH! too stressful, I really like it all! thank you for sharing this with us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hanging great details and a lovely sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the challenge! Love the heart shape and the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Amanda, this is wonderful! thank goodness for tissue paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful steampunk heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous heart Amanda, gorgeous colours and images. Thanks for linking it to FSC this week.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. really love this and the other hearts - I've just purchased some Kroma crackle - can't wait to use it now ! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow - it´s great artwork! So fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a fab project, love the colours and the clock image really pops from that beautiful crackle background. thanks for joining us at FSC this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amanda, Wonderful project, love the effect of the Kroma crackle background, and the clock image looks fabulous .
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS! ... a lot of beautiful details!
    Thanks for joining us at TIOT!!


    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.