Followers

Friday 5 April 2013

Sweet Spring

Hi
This is my second writing of this blog entry as I have just deleted everything that I wrote yesterday, and scheduled, how annoying is that? This will be shorter than yesterdays edition as I am dashing off to work. Well it's friday which means another new challenge over at Crafts4eternity   and our theme this week is a Sweet Spring using the colour recipe (which you will find at the end of this post)

Here is my design piece for this week:-
I started with a piece a kraft card which you can see in places poking through, added some ripped patterned papers of coordinating colours, then swooshed distress paints also matching the colour recipe. I then used various stencils and added Paperartsy fresco paints. I added colour matching washi tapes torn up and a little leftover lace that I have also painted. I then got quite manic with my sewing machine just to add more texture to the piece.


The image is "Midge" from Stampotique. I have stamped her onto dictionary paper that I had given a wash off gesso, then cut her out. The sentiment stamp is from a Paperartsy urban collection.












the colour recipe I followed is this one:-

So why not get into the mood for spring and play along with us this week  here. One randomly chosen winner will win 3 digital images of their choice from Crafts4eternity.

I am also entering this into:- Inspiration Emporium monthly challenge for April Marvelous masks and spectacular stencils

Thanks for popping by I really appreciate you visiting
love
Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. Wow this looks great, love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice inspiration Amanda, your background is so great!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how frustrating to have the whole thing disappear on you... Thank you for reinstating at least part of it - it's a great piece! I love the stamped image hovering over that sea of colour...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your unusual cards Amanda! So many colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a gorgeous background, such beautiful colours and so much dimension, hope you've had a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh boy, I love the background and all the layering and textures! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspiration Journal this month. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Love the colours.

    Hugs,
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! Love the background and random stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amanda, this is amazing! Love how the colours blend together to make this beautiful piece. I am practicing my mixed media techniques, but not brave enough to share them with the world, just yet, especially after seeing your stunning piece!! keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the simplicity of the image and sentiment on your rich colourful and texture filled back ground. Bravo!
    Thanks for joining us for the masks and stencils challenge at Inspiration Emporium!

    Hugs

    Spike

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi this is gorgeous and I love how simple the image is so the amazing background is on show. Got to ask, have you tried the Paperartsy Inspiration challenge which is weekly. There is are two chances to win each week. Just an idea seems you use the awesome fresco paints which are lush lol. Kezzy :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.