Followers

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Something I haven't done for ages!!

I have done something today that I haven't done for ages!! and that something is playing with alcohol inks, I blew the dust off the tin and ventured in....... I got myself a piece of glossy card and dropped splashes of varies colours from a great height onto the card and then did the same with blending solution. I stopped when I liked the effect that I achieved.


I have been waiting to use "Designs by Ryn - Trickling Water" stamps and have stamped them in black archival directly onto the inked card and highlighted with white Posca pen. I stamped, again in archival black, onto a separate sheet of white card an image from "Art Journey - silhouette 2" set and from "Art Journey - Hands" stamping the sentiment relax into the blank space. Both were then cut out and stuck to the inked card. For the  final touches I added some flowers which were left over from a previous project and a butterfly punched out of black card (Martha Stewart). All was then matted and layered in black and white.

Thanks for popping by,  I really appreciate you visiting my little space in crafty blogland. Please feel free to leave a comment so I can pop over to you.
Love
Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm...you've got me wondering now ..... when was the last time I played with my AI's too.

    Love the effect you've achieve and great stamping. Think I might just have to blow the dust off mine too.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous, beautiful background and the trickling waterdrops look great!! Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda
    I have just popped by to say thank you for your lovely comment you left on my blog.
    Your card is awesome!... and something I have never done before! Love the background you created and those trickling water effect looks super real! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Amanda, lovely colours and images. I have just done an alcohol workshop for my ladies this morning, just beginner's techniques but great to play with them again.
    Sorry I have been mia since my holiday, just catching up on DT work.
    Take care.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great result Amanda...gorgeous ink and the stamping fits so well! Pin...

    kind regards Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh ooh ooh - that trickling water is a fabulous stamp - wow! Looks just brilliant against your glowing alcohol ink background - fantastic!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background amanda, love that water stamp it's fab! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amanda, that technique with the alcohol inks is absolutely stunning! I wanna try it too!!! From what I've seen so far you have a great sense of color and composition! Thanks so much for sending along your blog for me to take a look at :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.