Followers

Sunday 10 May 2015

Vintage French Month at Mixed Media World

Hi Everyone
and it's time for you to join us for our new monthly challenge at

Our theme for the month ahead has been chosen by my team mate Debs who has chosen
VINTAGE FRENCH


Now this one took me right out of my comfort zone but I ended up, well I hope I ended up with, my take on a vintage Moulin Rouge poster (thank you Mr Google)
I started with Tim Holtz's Postage stamp die and rectangles movers & shapers,cut it several times from mount board to create some depth. It was then painted using Dylusions paint. I made my back panel painted it the same colour and then added my stamped images to it. I then layered up my stamped and fussy cut pieces adding them between each layer of mountboard to give a 3D feel. I then cut a piece of acetate to fit, stamped on it with stazon and glued it to the frame covering all the stamped pieces. I then put the top layer on which was painted and stamped. I finally added some stamped and cut out pieces to finish. The Moulin Rouge banner has also been triple embossed to give it a glossy look. I finally added the black feathers, you can't have a showgirl with out feathers.
 The stamps I have used are:-
Tim Holtz - Papillon
Graphic 45 Curtain Call
Kanban Diva.

Our fabulous sponsor for this challenge is Glitzcraft who have kindly donated a £15 voucher for one lucky winner to spend in their online store.
So as you can see it's all very "Oh La La" at Mixed Media World so why not pop along and get all French with us Here.
All details and rules can be found on our blog.
Au revoir
Love
Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous frame Amanda, loving the very bright colours and your feather is the perfect embellishment :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this, it's really vibrant and soooo French. You can do anything,you don't have a comfort zone :)
    Biggest ooh la la hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Amanda! Such vibrant colours and so much detail too.
    Might have to join in as I have a French vintage obsession :D
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece, bright and cheerful colours and a wonderful French vintage.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. U la la colours...nice stamping, shape and layers Amanda!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the life and soul of the Moulin Rouge right there - Toulouse Lautrec would be proud of you!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing take on the theme, an out of your comfort zone, this looks like it was slap bang in the middle of a comfort zone - it is INCREDIBLE!! I love it's vibrancy and and gorgeous french feel!!
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is amazing! Love all the layers and such vibrant colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the in-your-face colour on this. Looks fantastique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the use of bright colors with the vintage images. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.