Followers

Friday 13 January 2017

Gold & Silver at That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hi Everyone
It's time to start another challenge year over at That's Crafty Challenges and for our first challenge of 2017 we are making an opulent start as our theme for the next fortnight is
GOLD & SILVER
you must use both on your chosen project.
Here's my take on theme


Using a That's Crafty 8"x8" MDF panel I covered it with pieces of batik fabric which I glued using matt medium. I then stencilled through several That's Crafty Dinky stencils using Dina Wakley gold and silver acrylic paints. 
I then stamped the elephant. This is a 2 part stamp from Stampendous and includes a foam and a rubber stamp. I first stamped the solid foam stamp of the elephant using funky fushia Dylusions paint and then over the top stamped the detailed rubber stamp using versamark and heat embossed using gold embossing powder. 
I then did a little more stamping an embossing in pink using some asian style stamps from my stash.
My sentiment is one of Tim Holtz Chit Chat sayings.
Finally I added some gold trim, some beads and adhesive stones.

Why not start the year with the chance of winning a £20 online voucher to spend at That's Crafty. All you need to do is join in with us this fortnight, follow the theme, and then you could be our randomly drawn winner, 
You will find all the details HERE and also all the fabulous makes from my team mates giving you loads of inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X


5 comments:

  1. Oooh very lush,stunning card from my favourite card maker of course ;)
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous opulent Orientalism - that's just so luscious in colours and layers, Amanda... brilliantly uplifting in these dark January days!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing layering here Amanda and love the gold against the colourful under layers.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Amanda - love the batik fabric background and great use of the gold / silver xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has such a wonderful sumptuous feel, it is a perfect style for the main stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.