Followers

Saturday 21 December 2013

Humbug!!!!

Humbug!! That's not me by the way, it refers to my final make before Santa arrives. I have just finished making my last card for 2013 and thankfully I only make a special few for family and close friends. My final make just had to be with Stampotique stamps and I am also entering this into Stampotique Designers Challenge week 3 of anything goes.
The Christmas character I have used is "Oh Joy" some sarcasm there when you read the quote from Scrooge which I have cut from "Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.
Background has been made with acrylic paints, stencil, Kaisercraft background stamps, washi tape and a bit of festive bling. Tree baubles are also Stampotique, coloured and covered in glossy accents to make them look shiny, the strings they hang on have been hand drawn.

Thanks for stopping by and can I take this opportunity to thank you all for your lovely comments throughout 2013 and wish you all a very very merry Christmas.
Love
Amanda X

17 comments:

  1. Brilliant, brilliant card - love the quote and that dynamic background with the amazing colours - a fabulous make, Amanda. Merry Christmas to you too, and looking forward to seeing lots more wonderful creativity in 2014!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Amanda! Merry Christmas to you too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think even Scrooge would like this card. I love it! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, vibrant background fir this fun image and sentiment.
    Festive greetings and only three more sleeps.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha this (the sentiment of the christmas movie Christmas Carol in your card) is so funny! The background is sooooooooooo beautiful, great work!!

    Enjoy the Hollidays!!

    With love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is adorable and so cute Amanda. Still laughing after reading your sentiment. Great fun make.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this! Made me laugh too!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh love your fabby background on this one and those Stampotique characters are great aren't they!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This actually made me laugh aloud, Amanda! I actually didn't remember Scrooge saying this, but it's great--especially with all the controversy about what the proper holiday greeting should be! Love your art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is a stunning mixed media Christmas creation. Its just so creative.
    Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great background for your card you have made

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this! Such fun! So many layers and interest. Love the depth. LOVE the quote! LOL! Have yourself a Very Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours and textures, wonderful patterns and images

    ReplyDelete
  14. heehee nice one. But humour aside, I LOVE the whole background effect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Amanda! I hope you had a great Christmas, all the best for 2014! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Fab quote & fantastic card :) hope you had a lovely Christmas & new year hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.