Followers

Friday 21 July 2017

Grunge at That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hi Everyone
Our new fortnightly challenge theme starts today over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog and for the next 2 weeks we're looking for anything
'GRUNGE'


For my Grunge piece it's all gone rusty using Seth Apter Paperartsy Fresco colours.
This is how it all started

It all started with a piece of corrugated cardboard and I ripped off the top layer in places exposing the corrugated bits. I die cut the word code from mountboard  substituting the e for a 3. I then gave it all a coat of gesso. I then tore up the piece and added it to an 8" x 8" that's Crafty MDF board. I then gave it all another coat of gesso. Onto that I then started by building up the paint colours the first layer was applied with a brush to give it a covering I then started adding alternate layers of some of the Seth Apter coloured Paperartsy fresco paints, all these were added with cut up pieces of washing up sponge as it adds real texture.
Onto a separate piece of thick white card I sponged on the paint again but slightly changed the final effect. This is the piece that I die cut both the Maze and rectangle die again from Seth Apters Spellbinder die range.


Here you can see the effect and texture that the sponge gives to the paint. I also added some stencilling using an Andy Skinner stencil. To the maze die I added the washers that I had rusted with rusting powder, laid on book pages and filled with glossy accents and left to dry. When dried I trimmed the paper off and glued them to pieces of rusty wire to come out from the maze. The centre is the top from an old tap given a slight paint treatment.


That's my interpretation of grunge as a little bit of inspiration, and we would love to see yours by joining in with us over on the challenge blog. As always, our prize is a £20 That's Crafty voucher for one randomly chosen entry. 
You will find all the details and more Grungy inspiration from the rest of the DT HERE
Thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X

12 comments:

  1. Wow rustica and grunge nirvana!!! A special creation right there CC, fab :)
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Amanda, your piece is so beautiful,- and I love how you created two different kinds of rusty look-The maze is wonderful, and fantastic effect on the corrugated cardbord, too!!
    Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phenomenal! A triumph of rusty grungy brilliance! I love this so much.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Absolutely fabulous. Love all the grungy textures you've crated. Love it. x
    Hugs, Bev. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous make with wonderful textures.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent piece of art Amanda, I love the effects you've achieved with the sponge. It almost makes me want to scratch the surface to feel that texture.. so life like. The old tap cover button is a fab recycle.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Amanda! An amazing creation with so much gorgeous detail and texture.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see sponges have been popular recently - great effect and a wonderful creation x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tremendous Amanda. This one looks like you dug up an amazing old piece of machinery that was buried for years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Amanda - wonderful grunge!Adore all the textures and your metal additions.. fab!
    Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool grungy project! Love that SA die and your found hot water handle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I'm so happy to see this work of art featured on Seth's blog today! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.