Followers

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Texturise it - Great ideas are the fuel of progress

Well this is my second submission to a blog challenge in as many days, which must only mean one thing, the rain has come here in the UK after a long spell of lovely weather, it was always going to happen, and as lovely as it was at least it means I don't feel guilty spending hours indoors, indoors crafting...... its another first as I join Wanda's tag challenge over at dragonsdream tag it on.  This week the challenge is texture.


My texture comes in the form of adding and melting wax crayon to cover my tag, which gives a raised textured finish to my tag, to add further texture I have added paperartsy paints using bubble wrap. I have then stamped Barbara Gray hot air balloon stamps on patterned paper and cut out. Compass is a Tim Holtz sticker with a circular fragment over it finished with a game spinner. The torn map, I have stamped a map onto tissue paper and coloured with watered down distress inks and then crumpled it before tucking it behind my compass.


At the back of the tag, so it just pops out, is a Tim Holtz journal tag distresses with vintage photo ink. The phrase I have just cut out and again distressed with vinatge photo. A cluster of watch parts finish my tag.
Hope you like it and I look forward to next wednesday for a new challenge.

This tag has also been posted on Tag it on Tuesday where this weeks challenge theme is "One for the Boys" This is also the first time that I have posted on this blog and there is some great work to look at by my fellow crafters.

11 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of fab texture on this smashing steampunk tag Amanda thank you for sharing it with us at Dragon's Dream TIO XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amanda... this is so different, using wax... I keep meaning to get my pellets out, and now I shall... thanks for your dreaming with us this week and we look farward to seeing you again next Wednesday, rain or shine!!!
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it! I love the melted crayon and all the different things you've added to this beautiful and colorful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much gorgeous texture here, I love the look you achieved and thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Amanda, loads of fab textures, not played with wax for ages! Thanks for sharing your dream. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! So much detail in one little tag! I love it! Especially the hot air balloons for some reason. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag,love the effect the wax gives,
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great tag. I just love all the little bits and textures to look at. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW lookat all those textures on this little tag, gorgeous, thanks playing along with TioT this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that background texture is fab! Great tag :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much to look at, this is super. Not tried the melted wax.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.