Followers

Saturday 30 March 2013

Using up some leftovers

Hi
I hope you are all enjoying the Easter Bank holiday weekend. I have just got home from working (no Bank holiday weekend off for me) and for a little chill out time thought I would just have a sit down with a cup of tea and post a card I made last week. The leftovers are the background which I was originally going to use in a design piece but changed my mind. I couldn't let it go to waste so I turned it into this:-
I created an 8 x 8 card I have mat and layered 3 times with coordinating coloured cardstock.



 The character is "Rosie" which is a Barbara Gray Clarity Stamp, this has been coloured with Copics and stuck with silicone to give it dimension off the page.
Sentiment stamp "Destiny" is from my stash (pity I didn't stamp it a little straighter)













The background uses a couple of Indigoblu background stamps, the first is Bubbles background which I have stamped using distress paints. I have then stamped the circle dot background stamp using a big and juicy ink pad and then punched out the circles. I have again stuck with silicone to give dimension. I have added candi dots and adhesive  pearls coloured with copics to add more interest.






Hope you all have a lovely long weekend.
Thanks for popping by
Love
Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. wow this is gorgeous, love the colors! Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great background, it was really worth it to use the left overs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and interesting.,..lovely Amanda!

    Happy Easter, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I'm loving your leftovers!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really amazing background... I'm so glad it found its place in the end - what a great card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant using leftovers to create this gorgeous card.
    Hope you get some more chill time over the weekend.
    Happy Easter Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Amanda, wow what a glorious card, those colours are fab and I just love that background. It sets that gorgeous stamp off to perfection. hope you're having a lovely Easter weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful use of your leftovers Amanda. Gorgeous colours and Imlove the background stamping. Love the lady and how,you gave her added dimension . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.