Followers

Monday 5 August 2013

Windmills of my mind.......

Hi everyone, and an extra hi to my newest followers, hope you enjoy my crafty journey.
I have had a weekend that has just been a social whirl,and it has been lovely catching up with friends that I haven't seen in a while. I have not had that much time to get in my crafty space but what little time I have had I have used to use up some distress inked crafty scraps.

I have a bit of a thing about circles so got out a couple of circle punches and punched out from some scraps. I then starting getting these song lyrics running through my mind.
"Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind"
so I thought that would be a great statement on my card so printed from my PC.
other stamps include from designs by Ryn - Raindrops & Sea Bubbles
also Quantum by Deep Red Stamps. 
The stamped woman's face is from Viva las Vegastamps and her eyes and lips have been coloured with distress ink and then highlighted with Glossy accents I love how it has made her eyes look . 

I am entering this into this months challenge over at Country View Crafts  where August's  challenge is "Quotations & Sayings"

Thanks for visiting and see you soon
Love 
Amanda
 


11 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda
    this is an amazing piece, it is so simple yet so stunning and that face is beautiful.
    One stunningly beautiful piece of art
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - came by after visiting Ryn's blog - and it was so worth it! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great design Amanda, lovely colours and focal image. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts challenge.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Works so well. This is one of my favourite songs, ever,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That face is absolutely stunning, love your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda, Stunning card, love the image of the ladies face!
    Great idea with the sentiments and circles.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a beautiful card, I love the image and the circles are awesome :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great circle collage Amanda, the combination with the text is top!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, elegant circles of colour and stamping - and I love the lyric connection. Sorry to be behind - my internet's been playing up, so I'm sitting in Caffe Nero trying to do some catching up... have a great weekend!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great design Amanda and it all works so well with that wonderful quote. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts this month. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.