Followers

Saturday 13 September 2014

Brusho but with a clingfilm and perfect pearls combo

Hi Everyone
I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. I got the chance to finish a project I started a few days ago. I began with a background that I have made with brusho's but this time using them slightly differently, I first saw this technique on Anjas wonderful blog HERE and love the effect that she created, clingfilm and perfect pearls pewter spray.
Onto glassy card I sprinkled brusho's, a little water and sprays of perfect pearls pewter spray to also activate these little cystals of colour. I then laid scrunched up clingfilm onto top and wrinkled it around, once dry I removed the clingfilm and was left with this wonderful effect, unfortunately the camera doesn't pick up the pewter but it runs through the colour.
 
I then used Wendy Vecchi crackled texture paste through Crafters workshop "Mini Fish Fossils" stencil. I like how the wet paste has picked up some of the colours from the background I have also tinted them slightly with marigold distress stain.
You can see the crackled effect better here on a close up picture
 
 
I have used some Tim Holtz remnant rubs to finish this off.
I am currently looking for new ways to use Brusho crystals and really like how this technique has turned out.
I would like to enter this into this months challenge at Country View Challenges 
their theme for September is NAUTICAL.
thanks for stopping by and have a lovely saturday evening,
Love
Amanda X
 


23 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm yet to try the Brusho with mica powders.. Your fishy artwork is brilliant!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how those fish turned out !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous,really effective,you are the queen of brushos :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG,this is FABULOUS! I MUST learn how to do it! TU for sharing. Can you please tell me what are brusho's? I would like to see a photo if possible. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is outstanding! I love the 3D crackled fish skellies and that background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic effects with the brusho, its a wonderful card, with the crackled fish.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the way you have created this fabulous piece. I resisted buying the brusho paints recently at a craft fair, but I really wish I had them after seeing the effects you've achieved ! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing results Amanda!
    have a nice weekend, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunner just fabulous:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW the result of the wrap technique is breathtaking with the fish stencil, such a great art work, I'm fascinated. Thanks that you post my blog:-)
    Wish you a nice sunday,
    big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful effects Amanda and gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing at CVC.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW love this, thanks for the link and the exp, shall have to defo give this one a go xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous background Amanda and the crackled paste is perfect for the fossils!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow love this it's gorgeous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant techniques used on this piece!

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. I have recently started using bister,
    I think they are similar to brusho. Love the effects you get. Cheers


    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful piece of ARTwork thanks for showing Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! I love the background and those fossil fish are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges for our Nautical challenge this month. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks amazing, the colours are beautiful and the effect with the fossil fish is so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous texture and great colours, really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this!
    Thanks for sharing your techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.