Followers

Thursday 9 May 2019

Never Grow Up for AALL & Create

Hi Everyone
I'm with you this Thursday to share my latest guest designer make for AALL & Create. For this weeks make I have taken to my Dylusions art journal where I have made the main focus the fabulous 'Shadow People' stencil designed by Fiona Paltridge. 


Other AALL & Create products used were Stencils #79 Sputnik & #63 Woodpile
Stamps used are #54 A4 Scribble it, #8 & #3


I began by randomly applying layers of acrylic paints, I used Dina Wakley paints, building up the colours until I was happy with the result.


I then repeatedly stamped over the background using Versafine Clair inkpad, it doesn't matter if you don't get a clean ink transfer, for this technique it doesn't really matter as I will be covering a lot of it up.


Over the stamping I then stencilled some additional detail using the 2 stencils pictured.


I then positioned the stencil so that I captured the details I wanted within the Shadow People and applied transparent texture paste.


I repeated this so that the shadow people went across my pages ending with the smallest shadow person at the end. At this point you can go and have a cup of tea as I left this several hours to dry and on drying the white paste becomes transparent so you can see the detail through (one of my favourite techniques)


Once dry I then covered all the area around the shadow people building up the coverage applying acrylic paint, mostly with my finger. I added some shade around each of the shadow people using a black water soluble pencil building up some shadow around them. I also doodled around each one with a black fineliner pen.


I then stamped over the background using sections of the A4 stamp Scribble it adding more details to the page along with some of the stamps from set #3. 


Around the smallest of the shadow people I repeat stamped one of the statements from stamp set #8 stamping it once onto white card and cutting out to add to the repeat stamping to make one of them stand out.


I few strips of washi tape and some paint flicks finish off my double page spread.


To buy the products I have used or any other AALL & Create stamps and stencils just pop across HERE 
To find your local world wide stockist click HERE

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous creative week
Love
Amanda X









4 comments:

  1. Amazing! I really love those silhouettes, and the layered paint effects and contrasting colours across the whole page are so invigorating. Love the technique with the clear gel.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your silhouettes look amazing, its a fabulous project.
    My wish list gets longer for these products.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Amanda, I want to squirrel away every one of these techniques to try for myself, so thanks so much for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that... Led Grow Lights

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.