Followers

Monday 4 April 2011

Mothers Day

Yesterday was Mothers day as I am sure you are all aware, and mothers everywhere were getting spoilt rotten, and mine was no exception. My mum is always there for me and my sister and my 2 adorable nieces, and will do whatever she can for us. Yesterday was my chance to say thankyou. So I plied her with champagne, and made a lovely dinner and generally set out to make her day as lovely as I could. With mothers day comes the wonderful opportunity to make a card to mark the event so I locked myself away in my craft room, surrounded myself with a creators mess and created 2 very different cards.

Mothers Day
 Card created is 8 x 8. Flowers made from Wendy Vecchi "clearly for art" die cut from tattered florals alterations die, hand painted with paint dabbers using a dry stiff brush to give the veined effect. Backing paper fromTim Holtz new kraft resist paperstash and distressed with vintage photo. I have then cut out butterflies from the paper and coloured them with distress inks, covered in glossy accents. Butterfly bodies made from my rusty ink nibs (I love ebay) and rusty wire (another ebay find and thankyou to those on ebay that sell their junk!) Tim holts ribbon film with rub on lettering.



I just love the dimension
And then card No. 2
another 8 x 8 card. Main image is called Agnes from the girlfriends range that I purchased from http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk/. the feathers in the hat and on the card were kindly given from my chickens, well not exactly given, I found myself rumaging around my hen house for suitable embellishments!!! The lengths we crafters go to for art!!


I would appreciate any comments that you have, as this is a new blog I would love to know if anyone has looked at it. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. I just had to comment on the cards - I'm sure your Mum was absolutely thrilled!!!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.