Followers

Friday 18 October 2013

I see dead people..................

Hi
and welcome to my second post of the day. Thankfully I am on a day off from work and have been having a long overdue play in my craftroom infact I didn't even get dressed until 1pm, getting all inky and covered in paint whilst in your dressing gown has to be a pastime up there along side eating chocolate!!!
Having a day getting crafty has allowed me to at last get into the Halloween spirit with this make.

Using the fabulous Stampotique stamps "Friend" and "Heads" stamped onto lightly painted dictionary paper with Distress paints spiced marmalade and pumice stone. I have added a little shadow to the heads with charcoal pencil blending it with a little more pumice stone paint.

My background has been created on water colour paper again with distress paints and some purple emulsion tester paint. I have just smeared it on with a cloth. I have then stamped the script stamp from TH Apothecary set using distress paints spiced marmalade and dusty concord. The gravestone is from Tim's mini blueprint set and the final stamp used for the skyline is from Inkadinkado Happy Haunting.
I am entering this card into this weeks Stampotique designers challenge where the theme is 'Halloween'.
I am also entering this into
Country View Crafts October Challenge where the theme is 'Something Spooky'
and
a Sprinkle of Imagination first ever challenge which is a colour challenge.
Thanks for stopping by for a look I really appreciate your visit
Love
Amanda X

17 comments:

  1. I love the way you gave the heads shadow and how you used a tester pot of emulsion. I've have done that as well for one of my older journal pages. Works very well I think, anyway I think it s absolutely fabulous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous background Amanda and I love the stampotique stamps you have used, a very atmospheric piece.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! Love the background and those heads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, it sounds like me on a free day!
    Beautiful card! Have a great weekend
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a 'spooky' design ! Beautiful background for your halloween characters. What a treat to be in your dressing gown until 1:00 pm crafting.... Enjoy the weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created such an amazing background, Amanda, but it does not upstage either Heads or Friend! This is just so well done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Amanda, you certainly put your day off to good use! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your stamping onto a word background - very haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, definitely creepy! The heads look great on the book page, and the quote is very cool!
    Sorry to have got behind... life is slowly returning to normal after the huge house move (clearing out the family home of 40 years), so I'm looking forward to doing some catching up!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spooky idea and wonderful scary card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being honored as a Design Team Favorite for you work here, Amanda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo this is wonderful. I love the creepy heads. Thanks for entering the challenge with A Sprinkle of Imagination this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooo, I love this Amanda - spookily spectacular! Thank you for adding your sparkle to our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is spooky goodness. Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, such wonderful creepy-ness (if that is a word!) Love it! Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at A Sprinkle Of Imagination this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing project! Thanks for joining in with our first A Sprinkle of Imagination challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.