Followers

Friday 4 October 2013

Friday means Crafts4eternity Challenge

Today, as always on a Friday at this time, starts another weekly challenge over at Crafts4eternity and this weeks theme is a CINNAMON colour challenge (swatch can be found at the end of this post). Our challenge is to create a new piece of work containing a minimum of 2 of the 5 colours.


I started with a piece of watercolour card and lightly coloured the background with a wash of several Peboe watercolours that matched this weeks theme. 
I then lightly stamped one of my all time favourite stamps, the woman's face by Viva Las Vegastamps with archival potting soil taking some of the ink off first by stamping onto scrap paper to get a light impression in the background, photograph doesn't really pick this up well.
Using the same technique I randomly stamped parts of the text from 7Gypsies life stamp.

 I then inked up the stamp again and stamped it directly onto my work and highlighted the whites of her eyes.

The sentiment is another of Kaisercrafts fab new range (I need more of these).
I then randomly stamped the circles with archival monarch orange again stamping firstly onto scrap for a lighter look.
To finish, mat and layered several times again matching colours to our theme.

Here is our colour swatch, come and show us how you decide to use these colours.
One randomly chosen winner will have the chance to choose 3 digi stamps from the Crafts4eternity online shop.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you come and join in with us this week.
see you soon
Love
Amanda X

9 comments:

  1. That face is so captivating.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely striking, Amanda! I love the range of colors, and that image is incredibly beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful face ! Great piece of art !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That woman's face is stunning and I love the wonderful background you created for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour palette and stamps Amanda. A very striking piece.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious stamp - I can see why she's a favourite of yours - and the card is just beautiful. I love the partial stampings in the background, and great sentiment. Beautiful work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow she is beautiful and so it the background you created for her. Happy Weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is kind of spooky! Sending shivers down my spine! But love it all the same. Keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.