Followers

Sunday 13 October 2013

Ahhhh that sunday feeling......

Hi my lovely blogging friends I hope that you are all having a lovely Sunday doing whatever you are doing. I have to say that I am doing a lot of nothing, I'm taking today to do a little battery recharging after what has been an incredibly busy week for me at work. No battery recharge would be complete without a little crafty time and I have been playing with some previously made gelli prints, I am trying to complete some of the half finished projects that are strategically dotted around my craftroom waiting for some final inspiration to finish them off needless to say inspiration isn't that forthcoming today........ so this might be the only thing I finish!!


The background was created using my gelli plate using
Crafters workshop Cubist stencil & Dylusions Flossie stencil
I just wanted a simple colour scheme so have used Daler Rowney Fluorescent pink and black acrylic paint. I then outlined Flossie with a black sharpie pen.
I stenciled the star using Sweet Poppy Glossy white paste through Tim Holtz Stars layering stencil
the sentiment is from another one of the Kaisercraft sets this time from "Way of Life Set" which I have stamped 3 times with versamark and embossed with Black matt wow embossing powder as I really wanted it to stand out. Numbers are Tims remnant rubs and for a final touch some of Tims mirrored stars (photo doesn't do these justice) 
All has then been mat and layered onto black and pink card.
 I am entering this card into the current challenge over at 
Where the current challenge is to use a mask or stencil and include some stamping, my stamping is my triple stamped sentiment.
Thanks for popping by and see you soon
Love
Amanda X
 

15 comments:

  1. A great make Amanda, love the pink, black and white colour palette and great imagery. Enjoy the rest of your crafty day and hopefully finish more projects.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy bubblegum pink tones beautifully with the greys and black shades. Have yet to use my gelli plate but if my backgrounds turn out half as good as this then I will be one happy bunnykins.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous, love the gelli plate background and the pink is really striking against the black.

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really striking combo and a great card!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the black and pink together--such a sharp contrast. Flossie looks divine amidst it all, and that quote is just so perfect here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is so beautiful on your wonderful card. Well done for finishing the project, it was so worth it! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda, This really caught my eye on the dashboard - Stunning piece, love the bold colours. See you have entered at FSC - Thanks for sharing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink with the black and white, brilliant!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've missed quite a lot of blogposts...love the Stampotique cards Amanda...they all look great.
    And this card with the GP background is fab too...great looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Gelli Plate printing and design to go with it ! The pink & black combo is fabulous. Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what a great card, love the colors and rub ons!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amanda. Wow...this is such an eye catching piece! I looove the colour combination and how all the focus goes straight to the main image. The busy background just makes it stand out more.
    Thankyou for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Amanda, love the background ! Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on making Top 3 at FSC ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - what a fab, funky make... Have to say that's not how I usually feel on Sundays - more of a dark blue heap on the floor most of the time at the moment!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.