Followers

Friday 4 January 2013

Something New

Hi
and welcome to my first post of 2013. I hope you all had a great New Year and you are looking forward to the crafty year ahead. I start this year with my design team entry for our first challenge of the year at Crafts4eternity and we start with
SOMETHING NEW
Your project should include something new, such as a new technique,tool,stamp,paper, infact anything that is new to you (a Christmas present from Santa).
Our randomly selected winner will win a choice of 3 digi stamps from our regular sponsor

My something new is a card made using my new stamps and additional colours of pan pastels.


New stamps used are Underwater from Chocolate Baroque
and my long awaited acquisition of Water Droplet stamp from Design by Ryn
 

I first stamped one of the plants with versamark then applied the pan pastels, this technique makes the colour stronger on the stamped area. I then stamped the seahorse in Black archival ink, masked it off, then stamped the droplets in aqua marine archival ink. I then used the droplet stamp again to make a further background paper and again stamped using black archival ink. The sentiment is from Steampunk Dreams by creative expressions.
Close up of main image
I hope that you will pop over to Crafts4eternity and show us what your "Something New" is.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:-
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Something New
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Surprise Us (Anything Goes)
Try it on a Tuesday - New Stash

Thanks for popping by and see you soon
Love Amanda






















10 comments:

  1. Oooh great make, love that droplets stamp

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely background for the great stamps Amanda!!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background, now you have inspired me to get my pan pastels out, although I need more, lol.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, Happy New Year to you! This is gorgeous! Love the colours and the effect of that droplet stamp. Haven't tried pan pastels yet, so have no idea how they work, but you seem to have done a great job with them. Will have to keep an eye on what else you get up to with them :) keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, yummy... those water droplets were certainly worth the wait, and I love the seahorse too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! love the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda, I just love your card, and the stamped sea horse! Fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us over at TIOT New Stash challenge! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful...checking out your blog I have found that I love all your backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your fabulous card especially the seahorse and the fab background.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.