Followers

Sunday 17 September 2017

I Don't Need To .............

Hi Everyone
Hope that you're having a lovely weekend so far. I have been playing in one of my very neglected art journals, in fact they are all neglected, I really need to play more in them. The one I have played in today is my small Dylusions journal. I do use the pages of my journals to clean brayers, brushes etc on with a hope that I will come back and play on the painty pages, these pages have been sitting around for ages so I took to completing them.


I have used my favourite stencil girl face stencil which I have added to the page with black archival ink and a blending tool. 
I have been playing on the page with foils, brushing the foiling glue on and then adding the foils. 


The stars I have die cut from pieces of painted card that have been print embossed using Carabelle embossing folders, love the additional texture on these.


some stamping and doodling with black and white Posca pens and the words are my own just typed out on my old typewriter.
So just a bit of arty play from me today and I really should do more pages.
Thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X


9 comments:

  1. Amanda, I love your stars , they look gorgeous, and so does the whole spread, your background from cleaning brushes etc. is wonderful, and so much is going on , with stamps, and foiling , I`m not good at journaling but you give me a wish to try :-) Hugs ,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wowser of a journal page and may I cheekily suggest that you start doing more pages if they are going to look like this :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a wonderful journal spread Amanda, the layers of colours and details look fantastic.
    Yvonne xx
    p.s. These pages fit the Art Journal Journey theme so well if you would like to add them there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning pages Amanda. So colourful and rich in detail and I'm with Donna, more please!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda this is magnificent you have such a way with colour. Journals are like a New School Book to me, love starting them but once i've turned the first page I struggle to continue. Please share more of these as they are so encouraging. Makes me want to have a play in one of mine now..
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always so creative and original. You're workmanship is always stunning to view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what stunning layers. I love how the clarity of the stars makes them pop against the slightly chalkier look of the background. Hope we'll get to see you playing in the art journals more often - this is amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.