Followers

Friday 8 September 2017

In My Heart

Hi Everyone

I have been raiding my kitchen cupboards and my latest make, a wall hanging, is a creation from playing with a lazy Susan (now covered in paint and needs replacing, and a large palette knife which will also not make it back into the kitchen.


I have created on a piece of mixed media card which I laid on my lazy Susan, onto the card I splodged Finnabair Impasto paints I just love how strong the colours of these are. I then spun the lazy Susan whilst rotating the paint around holding the palette knife in the same place to get a rotation of colour. I then dipped the length of the palette knife in black impasto paint and created the black sunbeam effect just by slightly dragging the paint whilst pivoting from a central point. I then did the same with foiling glue. When the glue was dry I then foiled those drags of glue. 


I've tried to capture the foils on the photo. I then mounted the card onto a That's Crafty 6" x 6" MDF board and trimmed it to fit. 
I then added a small That's Crafty MDF heart to the centre, painted with Impasto paint and stamped some text onto it. I wrapped it with wire and glued it to the centre of the beams. 


A Tim Holtz chipboard saying is added. 
I felt it needed mounting on something else so I painted an 8" x 8" MDF board, again from That's Crafty, using black Dylusions paint which adds a strong black background.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X


9 comments:

  1. Outstanding piece. Clever method of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using this technique I did it with a salad spinner , must try it again. Your artwork is fantastic as always. I love your style. Fabulous piece Amanda. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly what an absolute stunner of a creation, secondly I wouldn't like to be doing the tidying up!!
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds a fun technique Amanda, its a fantastic project.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Amanda, great use of the lazy Susan. Those foiled areas really help divided those colours and give it richness. The addition of the heart makes it quite spiritual. Have a great weekend..
    Hugs Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. A striking and gorgeous art piece Amanda, love the foiled areas giving shine and light, and beautiful with the heart .
    Wonderful thinking in using the lazy Susan :-)
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really strikingly fabulous piece of art ! Amanda and such an inspired use of those kitchen utensils. Hope your kitchen survived a 'make over' in the making of this.
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been spinning up some fun here, Amanda... and who needs a Lazy Susan really, anyway?! Fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great use for the kitchen items...very striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.