Followers

Wednesday 4 December 2013

You're A Star!!

A very special friend of mine has only recently found out that she is suffering from M.S.
 I unfortunately can't change that, but I can let her know how special she is by making her a little something, so this little Christmas make is for her, and it is because she is a "Star".

I have used an 8 x 8 box frame which I have distressed using acrylic paint and paperartsy crackle glaze. I have backed the piece with burlap which also has some gathered twigs distress on it. The stars are made from my newly acquired Tim Holtz 3D star die, what a nightmare but I think I have it sussed now!!! This 3D die gives you great dimension within your project.
Both stars were cut from the die using silver mirri card, then embossed with a cuttlebug Xmas numbers folder. I then painted over the lot with vintage photo and gathered twigs distress paint, wiping most of it away for the distressed look. The final step was to randomly add vintage photo distress embossing powder, trying to make them look quite rusty.





I added some rusty wire to the smaller one to represent 
it leaving a starry trail.
To the main star I added a Tim Holtz mini snowflake rosette cut from old Christmas carol sheet music.









Final touches were some little wooden stars which have been lightly coloured with gathered twigs distress ink and a little bit of bling, it's not Christmas without bling, and one of Tims Chrsitmas wordbands "Believe in the majic of Christmas" which has also had the paint and distress embossing powder treatment.
My final touch is the staple gunned kisses.





I can't believe how long it took me to make this but I can put most of the time down to mastering the die, eventually remembering I had a crease pad and the staple gunning, 2 hours to find that!!!!
She is coming over Saturday so I can hand my gift over then.
I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:-
Try it on a Tuesday - A handmade gift or tag
Thanks for visiting I've loved having you here
Love
Amanda X

15 comments:

  1. This is a great little canvas and I am sure your friend will love it !!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a gorgeous creation and your friend will like it very much!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project and so special. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful creation, Amanda - there's such love and care gone into it, and I'm sure your friend will treasure it.

    I simply love what you've done with that star - for the first time you've made me think it's a die I'd quite like to have (oh, no!)... Gorgeous rusty grungy look, but elegant at the same time - quite a feat!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just an amazing project, Yvonne, and I know that your friend will be touched by this caring piece of art you have made just for her. I am glad that you persevered in constructing the 3-D stars as they are strikingly beautiful. Great final touches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, looks great with the burlap panel and the crackle frame

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous gift for your friend, I am sure that she will love it and appreciate all your hard work. I have that star die and know how fiddly it is! But! You have done a fantastic job with all that embossing and distressing of it. Love your burlap, love that word! And, your distressing of the frame. Cute staple kisses! Love it all! Hope you are having a fabby week keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly wonderful Amanda and such a gorgeous gift for your friend. I just love the rustic feel with the hessian, the shabbied frame and the fabulous textured stars. You did a great job and I am sure your friend will love it.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She will adore and treasure this Amanda. The love and time which has gone into making this comes across in how gorgeous it has turned out. You are right there is nothing you can do about her MS but this will certainly maker her forget it for a while.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift and such a nice thought for your friend. I'm sure it will make her feel special as it is so beautifully made. Thank you for joining in and sharing it with us at TioT. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! Such a wonderful gift and will be treasured. It would fit really well with the challenge at Our Creative Corner this month! Lots of love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really awesome project...distress farame, burlap and stars..everything together is just superb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love this canvas. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amanda, just catching up, such a gorgeous project, and I'm sure it will be appreciated.
    Avril xx
    p.s. Thanks for linking up to TioT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amanda this is just a wonderful project - I love the distressing and your choice of colours and textures and that star is just amazing. I am sure your friend will really appreciate all the love that went into making it. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at Country View Crafts for this month's challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.