Followers

Friday 6 December 2013

Taking a break from Christmas

Well I have had a lovely few days off and I have just chilled out in my craftroom, the time has also allowed me to sort my craft room out and I have done a bit of reorganising of things, why does that always take so long? I did have an afternoon with my gelli plate and I have used one of my prints to make this weeks DT piece for our new challenge starting today over at Crafts4eternity. Our theme for this week is a sketch (this can be seen at the end of this post) and this is my interpretation of that.
It was recently my birthday and with some of the money that I got I bought some of Lynne Perrella Paperartsy stamps, this image is from LPC006.
I stamped the image straight onto the gelli print and then mat and layered to match the sketch. I coloured in her cheeks with distress markers and added a little glaze to make them stand out.

  I have added some stamping using Tim Holtz text from Classics#4 in archival monarch orange , some washi tape and a dymo gun strip sentiment finish this piece.
Here is our sketch for this week if you decide to come and join in with us
I would also like to enter this card into this weeks challenge at
Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is make your own background
thanks for popping by and please feel free to leave a comment 
Love
Amanda X
 

9 comments:

  1. Amanda this is a great make. Love the stamps you bought with your birthday money and the colouring in of her cheeks is a brill touch.


    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great fun cleaning/organizing my craft space, reminds me of things to use ! LOVE your card, the background is a beautiful print. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is just amazing! I love vintage anything, so I love this, but for a lot of different reasons. For instance, using that film strip rather than a solid piece of card stock or patterned paper. That alone is pure genius. Stamping directly onto the Gelli print was brave (in my opinion), but worked perfectly! This is definitely a piece of art, not just a card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamping over the gelli print Amanda. A great design.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous, Amanda. I love Lynne Parrella stamps.

    I wish you a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LP card!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful stamped and colored combination

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant background you've made with the Gelli plate suits the stamp you've used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.