Followers

Monday 2 December 2013

Another non traditional Christmas

As I sit writing this post this Monday morning I am relaxing in the thought that I am off work until next Monday, and I am going to spend my time of wisely... Crafting!! Anyway to start this week off I thought I would post a card I made last week. I made a couple of cards as potential candidates as my DT piece for this weeks challenge at http://crafts4eternity.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/r152-non-traditional-christmas.html I didn't use this one in the end, you can click the link to see what I did post and even join in with us.

I seem to be in a "using up what I have" mode at the moment  as I found this piece of kraft card that I had stamped with distress paint using Indigoblu Bubbles stamps in my bit box. I then sprayed it with perfect pearls pearl spray to make it icy and sparkle. I then punched out the snowflakes which were scraps of gelli prints on packing tape which I had stuck to white paper.
I then simply added some pearls to the snowflakes and a Tim Holtz Chit Chat sticker.
Ok off to tidy up my messy craftroom only to make another mess, I don't know about you but I always have to tidy up before I make something new.
see you soon and thanks for visiting
Love
Amanda X

7 comments:

  1. I really like this, Amanda. First, I like the unexpected, and your color palette is, indeed, unexpected! Then, I like the idea of a non-traditional holiday card. Having worked in hospital research for my last two years, I met and became friends with many non-Christian people. This would be a perfect card to send to them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!
    Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky lucky thing! A whole week off! How did you mange that at this time of year? And I see from FB you have been spending, you naughty girl! Well 'tis the Season, so I guess you are allowed! This is beautiful though. Love the shimmeryness and the texture of the added snowflakes. But I sit in awe that you 'didn't use this one in the end' and made another one. Gulp! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous shimmery card! What a fabulous start to the week... I shall be looking forward to lots more - enjoy your time off (and maybe give yourself some actual time off too at some point?!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bubble background looks fabulous and I love the shimmery effects and snowflakes bore the top. Enjoy your week off and have fun.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful non traditional Christmas design. Love the shimmer! Cheers, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.