Followers

Sunday 25 June 2017

Be Yourself

Hi Everyone


I have been playing with gelli print scraps to create this card. I have cut some not so good gelli prints into squares to create my background. Onto that I stamped the main image which is from Carabelle Studio using my Tim Holtz stamping platform and left both the card and the stamp in the same position on the stamping platform as I would need it again, I then masked her off and added additional stencilling to the background. I then painted the face of the image using blush fresco paint and painted the white of her eyes. Once the paint was dry I then inked up the stamp again that I had left on the stamping platform and stamped again over the parts that I had added paint. This is a great way to paint and make it look like you haven't gone over the lines lol. 


I think this might be my favourite technique of the moment!
I then added some heated embossed stamping in white again using stamps from Carabelle Studio. 
Sentiment is Tim's large chit chat stickers. 
Matted onto black card and added to the card blank.
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous Sunday
Love
Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I like this Amanda. I should save my gelli scraps instead of binning them and try this. Super make.

    Much love, Bev. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really amazing Amanda and thanks so much for the tip on the gelli prints as it's a fabulous way to use up the bits.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous feeling when you can recreate something using elements you were once unhappy with.. Really effective tiling technique Amanda.. Luscious creation. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Amanda, I love how you recycled pieces for another piece of art, they work fabulously. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card! The gelli patchwork looks fabulous, and what a great tip about painting the face and then re-stamping with the platform. Mine arrived just before I came away, so I haven't had a chance to play, but this is definitely something I'll be trying when I get home. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's very clever about the painting of the face. You do create some wondrous wonders I must say CC
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.