Followers

Saturday 18 March 2017

Just Buddha-ing about Again

Hi Everyone
Hope you are all having a great start to the weekend. 
I am currently experiencing some fixation with Buddha having found a fabulous Buddha head stamp at Inkylicious, check out previous posts for that one. I have now found that they have another Buddha stamp at Inklicious so have had to have an immediate play with that one once it arrived.


Now I'm not sure I like how this one turned out so I'll probably have another play with the stamp when I get a minute.
Brayered background with acrylic paint including a layer of paint using a textured brayered. Image stamped and masked off. Stencilled background a Dina Wakley stencil. Then the concentric dots stencil which i think is Crafters Workshop. Final layer to add some contrast from the Buddha image was the Bokeh effect using a white ink pad and circle stencil. Quote is from Tim Holtz Chat stickers.
Thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous. I love the way that you've aged it and the colours are superb, love the touch of gold too. Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is absolutely magical. Cant wait to try your techniques myself with my buddha images. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a fabulous card, the Buddha image is amazing. Great stencils and colours as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background on this one but love the Buddha more on the other card ;)
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's rather spectacular - the shadowy form of the Buddha at the centre, and then those extraordinary swirls and shimmers of gilding - almost the spirit force emanating from his presence. Really powerful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.