Followers

Friday 22 November 2013

Get out your Bling!!

Hi,
and today is the start of another weekly challenge at Crafts4eternity, unfortunately I didn't make it for last weeks challenge but I am back this week for our theme this week which is
"GLITTER & SPARKLE"
So as I said in my title, Get out your bling and pop along and join in, you can make anything you like as long as it fits in with our theme. 
I stayed a bit safe, and at this time of the year, a bit predictable as I went with a Christmas theme but at least that's one card made.............
My only issue was getting my sparkle to sparkle in the photo and that unfortunately was impossible, so I have added a couple of close ups that hopefully give you a better idea..

I love snow and in particular snowflakes 

Main image is Tim Holtz Blueprint snowflake heat embossed in white with rock candy glitter added, wooden snowflake painted with picket fence distress paint covered in rock candy glitter, silver snowflake charm painted with P.F. D.I. and then finally a Papermania shimmer dot.
Every stamped snowflake has a shimmer dot in the centre, even the tiny ones which hopefully you can see here, I told you there was bling. The background paper which is from lily of the valley Krafty Christmas pad was sprayed with Goosebumps clear texture spray, which you can justabout see,prior to me toning the kraft paper down with picket fence distress stain.
The addition of hessian and cheese cloth add more texture and hopefully add to the natural look and feel of this card.
The card has then been edged with picket fence distress paint and finally the sentiment is a Tim Holtz Christmas word band tied on with natural twine with a dash of picket fence paint.
So come on over and join us and if nothing else if only to display better photography skills than me. 
You could be our randomly chosen winner, who this week will win their choice of 3 digi images from the Crafts4eternity collection.

I would also like to enter this into the current challenge over at
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Shabby Chic Christmas
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment it's lovely to know who's visiting and I can pop along and visit you.
Love
Amanda X


14 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Amanda! Love the background, fab, fab, fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful design, love the cream colour combo along with the snowflake and glitter. Happy Friday, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love how you've used the hessian, may have to 'borrow' this idea!!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snowflakes too Amanda and this is a great snowflake card.
    Hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of the raw burlap and the white snowflakes. You have so much texture going on that I can literally (almost) feel it! This must have lifted your spirits when you were creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oehhh great mixed media Amanda! A real artwork...

    have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Amanda, love the snowflakes on the kraft! Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arrived here via Rosies blog where you left a comment, couldn't resist clicking on your little dog's photo! Noticed you came from Preston, my old home town but been here in New Zealand 41 years! Stunning cards on your blog, makes me want to start making them again but now into digital art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amanda - this is a gorgeous card, love the natural look and texture from the burlap and snowflakes are just my favourite theme for a Christmas card !! Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Amanda, love the burlap behind the snowflake, gives your card a lovely natural feel. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love this, Amanda! The neutrals obviously tick the box for me, and the embossing is gorgeous... great use of the burlap too - a real delight!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the colours and the shabby chic/vintage look. thank you for sharing it with us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the soft subtle muted tones of this card Amanda and how you have made the snowflake your focal point.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the texture on this, fabulous colours too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.