Followers

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Winter Wonderland (of scraps)

Well I have been doing a lot of rummaging and sorting in my craft room, I was trying to find all my Christmas bits within many boxes and drawers, infact I discovered many things that I didn't realise that I had I suppose that's because they only come out once a year. I found a box of scraps that I had left over from several Christmas's so I thought I would try and put them to some use in my attempt to become more organised than previous Christmas's. This was all prompted by visiting my local craft shop "The Stampers Gallery" in Tarlton where I purchased a bag of natural linen type fabric Christmas tree's for £1.75 for 8.
I have again gone for a very natural look, following the colours of my last post, but this time to add that wintery feel I have included a little blue to just add that touch of cold and frostyness.
Other than my purchase of these super little trees everything else is just made up of scraps of papers,ribbons,burlap etc that I have had left over. I wanted this to have a great feeling of texture so have used a variety of items and have added machine stitching to add even more texture.




and here these little trees that inspired this piece


I started with a piece of Kraft card which I roughly painted with gesso. I then just started building up the piece with my scraps just creating my pattern, the hardest thing is to stop. Colours used are all distress paints  in picket fence,antique linen and stormy sky. The little trees came with the buttons on but I added picket fence paint and picket fence stickles to give them that wintery feel.
Finally I have added chit chat stickers to title my card.
I would like to enter this into this weeks challenge at Make My Monday where the theme is Contemporary Christmas.
thanks for visiting 
Love
Amanda X

9 comments:

  1. Love the composition Amanda and how you have used all those scrap pieces to produce a wonderful collage card. Those trees were a great buy and adding the blues has definitely added that cooler feel to the finished card.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found this box of scraps Amanda otherwise we would not have seen this gorgeous make. Love the natural type linen.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely - I'm loving the natural look colours, and the touch of blue added in is fabulous. Brilliant composition of all those layers of scraps, and your little trees were a great find. One of my favourite cards I've seen so far this year - I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Amanda, really effective. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative Amanda...great layers, so many details and everything fits so well...a fab creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great Christmas card, your colours are beautiful and I love all your fab details - thanks so much for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda, I've only just seen this. It is fabulous! Love all the layers and the colours with the added blue. So much lovely texture, I want to run my fingers over it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a lovely assortment of scraps, Amanda! You have created something absolutely striking out of what most of us would have discarded. Just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just seen this come up on the winners post at Make My Monday and had to take a closer look Amanda. WOW! LOVE what you've done here. Your composition and balance of colours is outstanding in my humble opinion. Will be looking out for more in future. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.