Followers

Friday 1 November 2013

One Good Friend

A big hello to all my blog friends old and new. It's Friday, so that means a new weekly challenge over at Crafts4eternity.and for this week we have a SKETCH challenge. I didn't think I would get my DT post done this week as I am full of a shocking cold and feeling very sorry for myself indeed, but as they say "the show must go on".
This is my piece for this week

and this is the sketch I based it on

This originally started out as just a tag but I decided to make it into a card.
Items used
Teesha Moore Zettology stamps stamped onto dictionary paper, the hats were stamped onto plain paper, cut out and paper pierced over.
Tim Holtz Stars layering stencils using texture paste.
Distress stains Wild honey, Marigold & Fired brick
Background was created by splodging distress stains onto an acrylic block and then stamping with it.
Tim Holtz psychedelic grunge stamps
Kaisercraft texture stamps Arty & chevrons
sentiment Inkadinkado "Tell it how it is" set
Archival ink pads Vermillion & Monarch Orange
Tim Holtz tissue tape

why not pop over and join in with us this week, one randomly chosen entry will win 
3 Digi images of their choice from our sponsor this week
Stamping All Day.

Right where is that Honey and Lemon???
Love
Amanda X

12 comments:

  1. Love the stamps you have used and the bright colours Amanda, a great way to use the tag. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great piece of art, Amanda, and a great use for a tag! Love your color palette. That sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant piece, Amanda!

    So sorry to hear that you are not doing well...get well soon!!!!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Amanda, love the colours and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card and you used my one of my fave colours: orange !!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say : Hope you feel better soon !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love the bright warm colours

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the honey and lemon in your fabulous card Amanda. Hope you're feeling a lot better soon. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey You! You made a fabulous piece! So much depth and texture, I just love it all! And ... I love the colours too! Hope you are feeling better real soon, just think craftiness, it is a well known cure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design with the layers of stamping & stenciling. Your take on the sketch is fabulous and so are the words. Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Amanda, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor you - do hope the honey and lemon manages to knock the cold on the head! And you'd never think you were feeling under the weather looking at this fabulous card, so bold and vivid and full of colour and life! I love the layered stamping and stencilling and the main image is great, especially with the paper-pieced hats. Lovely work altogether!

    Feel better soon,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.