Followers

Sunday 10 November 2013

Let Chaos Prevail!!

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a lovely sunday, following last weeks traumatic weeks a calmness now has entered my life and I have had a lovely relaxing day doing just what I want and of course that includes a little craftyness. I have made an entry into this weeks challenge over at
stampotique designer challenge and the theme for this week is "Using Gesso".
I found a piece of watercolour card that I had previously been playing around with Dylusions spray on in my bit box that I decided to use. I smeared gesso over it in places and created texture in it with bottle tops,credit cards etc (picture doesn't show that to clearly). I then sprayed more dylusions ink onto my craft mat and picked it up with my gesso coloured paper and then just let them run. I stamped the leaves, dylusions stamp, with black gesso and then did some more gesso smearing, I love how the gesso picks up the colour of the dylusions spray. I added some machine stitching around the edges which caught the smeared gesso in it. I then stamped "Hunk" onto dictionary paper ensuring the word Chaos appeared in his head.
Sentiment has been created using Tim Holtz label letters and worn text alphabet stamps to create the word Chaos.
Thanks for stopping by to visit me I really appreciate it and welcome your comments.
See you soon
Love
Amanda X

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous and I'm glad your life is a little less chaotic this week!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your Piece, one never knows how Long it takes.. :)
    funny Card you have created, good luck for the challange

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is absolutely wonderful. Hunk is one of my faves !!!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. iIlove chaos!! This looks great!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great chaos Amanda...great how you've used the page with the word chaos on it...gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your creative chaos on this card - the gesso gives such a soft muted feel to the Dylusions sprays - gorgeous inky effects! And so cool to incorporate the word chaos into Hunk's forehead. So glad you found some time to play, and I love the results!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous outcome from your crafty time today. Love the colourful background and great stamps.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background this design is also fun. Have a wonderful peaceful day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning... and more stunning. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Stampotique this week. Be Well. Sarinda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love all the texture here, Amanda! Clever to have stamped Hunk on that dictionary page, too! Love the crafty machine stitching that captured some of your gesso. Love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Amanda, the colours and details are ace! Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. although it looks chaotic - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! Love your title! The machine stitching is a brilliant touch. Glad you are having a better week! keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely piece. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Master piece, I love all the colours and little details!! Wonderful!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Amanda, fab composition and gorgeous colours. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.