Followers

Friday 29 November 2013

Having a Gelli Christmas

Friday is the start of a new challenge week over at Crafts4eternity and our theme for the week is
A Non Traditional Christmas 
we would like to see any Christmas project (doesn't have to be a card) with a non traditional theme, so a chance to use different colours, themes etc a little bit away from the norm.
For my design piece I have kept it quite simple and just used one of my stashed gelli prints that I did a while back.

Whilst I have used a sizzix Christmas tree die I think the design of the gelli print is very non traditional. 
I have torn some of the paper to create snow on the hills that the trees are growing on. A simple sentiment of "Wish" from Tim Holtz seasonal chit chat stickers and some punched stars complete the card.
The card has a lot of dimension as I layered everything using pinflair glue.
So why not pop over, break with tradition, and join in this week with us.
One randomly chosen winner will win a $6 gift certificate from Floppy Latte Designs.

Thanks for stopping by
Love 
Amanda X
 

10 comments:

  1. Amanda this is so quirky for a Christmas card and I love it to bits.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great print, that looks so amazing as Christmas tree....lovely Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brill, love those spotty trees

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful trees, love them. I just posted non-traditional christmas cards, will join in the challenge! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I LOVE your Gelli X-mas card, Amanda!

    What a brilliant idea - a wonderful fusion of traditional colours of the season with a modern twist!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love the dimension of the card and your use of gelli prints. I haven't even gone there yet, but what you have done is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea with the gelli print Amanda this is non-traditional and quite contemporary too. Love it.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the Geli prints love it! Have a great weekend hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally brilliant Christmas project, Amanda! I am a Gelli print fan, and you have created a one-of-a-kind card here with one of the best prints I've seen. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beyond cool... they simply brought a big smile to my face - so fresh and funky, and I love the pop of dimension!
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.