Followers

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Playing with Brusho

Hi
I have been having a lovely play (aka making a mess!) with my most recent purchase, a set of Brusho crystal colours. These are wonderful tiny crystals of colour that react brilliantly with water and allow you to use in many ways, my journey has just begun. I would guess they are similar, if not the same, as bister which many people I follow are currently using and producing stunning effects with.
Here are my first attempts with them:-
All art work has been created on Strathmore mixed media card.
Background - Turquoise and light brown brusho
Stamp from Chocolate Baroque - Underwater Kingdom set
Stamped with versafine and then the colour removed with beach and then recoloured using diluted brusho.
Sentiment - Clarity word chain No. 5
Background - Grey Brusho I love how there are flecks of other colours in it.
All stamps are Tim Holtz - Road Trip set
Backgroun - Grey and light brown Brusho
All stamps are Art of Brett Weldele - Danny Robot.
Hope you like my first attempts now off to play somemore, these are addicitve to play with as the results you get are different everytime.
Thanks for visiting
Love
Amanda X


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Amanda. Never heard of these,off to have a look on google for them. Love the splattery effect you have created here, looks like something I would enjoy working with :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these look ace, I have a set of brushos, might have to go and have a play now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images with these backgrounds, Amanda,
    I have seen bister used on cards, but not this - looks fabulous, think I need to check this out.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking results, Amanda! Especially love "Road Trip."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Love what you have done with the stamps, colours and composition but wow love those crystals of many colours

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great results with Brusho...it has more colours than the Bister!
    Great effects...the stamps fit so well Amanda.
    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great effects with the Brusho, I have seen folk using this. The cards you made look fantastic.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I like it very much.
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squealing with excitement about these makes Amanda. Haven't heard of Brusho Crystals but I am certainly going to check these out.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow - what amazing effects and beautiful cards. I've been doing the Bister rounds as well (guess we follow similar people), but holding off from temptation, and now I'll have to do some Brusho research too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! My favorite is "imagine"
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.