Followers

Sunday 26 July 2015

A Happy Birthday Card

Hi Everyone
I just got home from a busy Sunday at work and before I sit down and have a lovely roast lamb dinner I thought I would just make a quick post to share a birthday card I made recently for my niece who turned 11.


I have used a Unity Stamp set for my main image and sentiment which was stamped directly onto my background and coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils which virtually blocks out the background colours.
My background has been created by die cutting numbers from various colours of Bleeding Tissue and then allowing then to bleed onto my card. This leaves a lovely blended finish.
Right off to tuck into my delicious lamb.
Love
Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. So lovely ! Hope you enjoyed your dinner !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Amanda, love your background, I've seen a tut on this technique but never tried it - didn't look as good as this.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, you really do make the best cards....I'm not being biased here either! Brilliant background....can imagine what would happen if I tried that lol
    Biggest lamby hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I love the bleeding tissue technique but I've never managed anything as beautiful as this! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Amanda and the background is really stunning. Such a great technique.
    Hope you enjoyed the roast lamb!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, the background looks fabulous and a technique I will have to find out about.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card really looks wonderful, I love the image and the colours!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, such a cool technique. Pls don't think I'm too daft but does any tissue paper work or is their a special it if type you use? Do you have any tutorials or other projects using this? Lovin your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's so pretty... the bleeding tissues are so effective in your hands. Love your Unity image too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such a nice composition. I love the soft bleeding tissue colors of the magical background!Your niece will be excited by this amazing birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so dang good Amanda!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.