Followers

Saturday 18 July 2015

Dina Wakley Meets a Salad Spinner

Hi everyone
This post involves a salad spinner, that can't live without gadget that we all bought and if you are like me has probably been relegated to the back of your kitchen cupboard.  Well I am starting the campaign to dig them out and get crafty with them.
Here are a couple of cards I have made using my salad spinner, giving it a new lease of life. 
All stamps used are from Dina Wakley and stamped using black archival..

Got the look I wanted 2nd time around


Didn't quite get the technique right on this first attempt but still liked the effect.

All this salad spinning does get a bit messy and you'll never wash lettuce in it again but great fun to play with.
What you have to do is cut a piece of card square or circle that fits snugly into your salad spinner, I found that a few blobs of bluetack helps hold the paper in place. Then just add paint, thin paint works better so just use your cheaper stash. First picture shows the effect by adding circles of paint, 2nd shows what happens when you just add blobs of paint. Add some paint, put the lid on your salad spinner and then spin as quickly as you can then take the lid off and check the effect you've created, you can now add another colour and spin again, don't worry if the first colour hasn't dried. Keep on going until you are happy with the effect that your spinning has created.

Hope you like it and will join in in my one woman campaign to give a salad spinner a second chance!!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Love
Amanda X

13 comments:

  1. These look fab, Intrigued as to how you have done it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! Come on then Amanda, tell us how to do it pleeeease!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I agree with previous comments...how did you do it?! LOVE the cards, you really are one smart cookie ;)
    Big spinny hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic out of the box idea. Yes need to know how you did this. Two fantastic cards.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really fantastic idea Amanda and might give it a go as my spinner is at the back of my larder!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'll be rushing to ruin my spinner lol I just bought one of those cheap kids spinner machine from Amazon.
    But liking the first card...your colour choice is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, wow what a great idea!
    You made some beautiful backgrounds with the salad spinner!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun, though glad I didn't have to do the clean up, great pieces love em

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never thought to use a salad spinner LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my stars and garters.... these are INCREDIBLE Amanda - heheheheh - leave it to you to think of that!!!! What fun!!! Just love these creations.... SMILING BIG. This is SUPER FINE!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my stars and garters.... these are INCREDIBLE Amanda - heheheheh - leave it to you to think of that!!!! What fun!!! Just love these creations.... SMILING BIG. This is SUPER FINE!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a splendid way to get more use out of your salad spinner - inspired!! The Dina stamps work brilliantly with that explosion of colour.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god - I want a salad spinner, I don't own one, never heard of one, don't really know what they are but guessing by the name, but I want one NOW! This is holy cow fantabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.