Followers

Sunday 9 August 2015

Gorgeous Textures at Mixed Media World

Hi Everyone
I know I have been here already today with a DT post but I have another DT make for you as 
Mixed Media World Launch their August challenge and our theme is
"GORGEOUS TEXTURES" 
So this month we need to see you using all your different media's and materials to create a fabulous textured piece.
There is, as usual, some fabulous inspiration from my team mates and you should really pop over and take a look. 
For my Gorgeous Textures piece I have made a textured heart


I have started with a large MDF heart which I covered in gesso. I then added, in this order, texture paste, tissue crinkled up so it looks like veins and applied with matt gel mediumb strips of bandage again applied with gel medium, more tissue, then another layer of gesso, crackle paste and when that was all thoroughly dried I added water and sprinkled on grey Brusho and let those crystals do their magic, I love how the brusho has run into the cracks of the crackle paste. when I was happy with this effect I dried with a heat tool. I then added London Bus fresco paint to some of the raised area's of my project.

I didn't want to cover up too much of the background so added 2 die cut hearts cut from old music paper, these were sandwiched with more bandaged fibres which were slightly coloured with the brusho grey. They were then roughly stitched together. I outlined the largest heart with black cotton to give the heart some definition leaving trailing threads. Final touches were a punched heart from painted cardstock with the stapled kiss and some fine red fibre and a  Donna Downey stamped sentiment which I then stitched around and cut out.



We would love it if you came and joined in with us this month and share your own gorgeously textured makes, you can see all the makes of the DT HERE for some great inspiration.
One lucky winner will win 3 images from our sponsor this month Old Vintage Shop.
Thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X

12 comments:

  1. FANGdangTASTIC!!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful textured heart, Amanda. Love to read how you created the texture..it is amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stunning texture and heart within a heart theme! That crackle is amazing, I love the way the paint flows through the cracks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous textures project Amanda, the close up photos were super.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh now this is very dramatic and shows off textures perfectly, best teamie in the world
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely fabulous. Wonderful texture and I love the pops of red. Great pics too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, fabulous textures!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. My my myyyyyy Amanda - your heart made my heart pound!! It's GORGEOUS. What a great inspiration - layers and layers of INCREDIBLE texture. Sooooooo LOVELY - really really LOVELY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really fabulous piece Amanda Love all the texture and the way the cracks have picked up the paint . Such a unique artistic piece .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love all the crackle ! Great piece !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what a lot of techniques you've piled into this one, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah - you see, that's what I mean! From fabulously effective LIM to flat out fabulous! This just makes my heart soar - a phenomenal piece of mixed media artwork. Wow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.